I recently watched a TEDtalk by Derek Sivers about keeping your goals to yourself; in his talk, he spoke about the simple act of expressing your goals and how doing so may mean you are less likely to achieve them. Well, for this race, I figured I’d try it out. I have my own personal A, B, and C goals for the LA Marathon, and you will just have to wait and see what pans out! Regardless, I will be honest–I’m tired. Marathon after marathon, it’s been go-go-go since October and while I do have one more race planned in April (Ragnar Relay SoCal! More on that later), I will be just a tad bit relieved when I no longer have 14+ mile training runs ready and waiting for me to tackle. But Sunday should be a blast and I cannot wait to participate in such a large and monumental event.
Here’s what I have planned for Sunday. A lot of upbeat, fast, party music. I want to feel like I’m dancing my way through 26.2 miles ;)
- “Find You” – Zedd
- “John Doe” – B.o.B.
- “Y.A.L.A.” – M.I.A.
- “Red Lights” – Tiesto
- “All Night Cash Cash Radio Edit” – Icona Pop
- “In My Head” – David Guetta and Daddy’s Groove Feat. NERVO
- “Fall Into The Sky” (Extended Mix) – Zedd, Lucky Date Feat. Ellie Goulding
- “Call Me a Spaceman” – Hardwell Feat. Mitch Crown
- “Lessons in Love” – Kaskade Feat. Neon Trees
- “Apollo” – Hardwell Feat. Amba Shepherd
- “Never Say Goodbye” – Hardwell & Dyro Feat. Bright Lights
- “The Night Out” Madeon Remix – Martin Solveig
- “Spectrum” – Zedd Feat. Matthew Koma
- “How We Do” – Hardwell and Showtek
- “Spaceman” Headhunterz Remix – Hardwell
- “Countdown” – Hardwell, MAKJ
- “Turn Down For What” – Lil Jon Feat. DJ Snake
- “Dare You” – Hardwell Feat. Matthew Koma
- “Welcome to the Jungle” – Alvaro and Mercer Feat. Lil Jon
Clearly there’s a pattern going here (a lot of Hardwell), and I am very excited for the weekend to come. If you would love to send me supportive messages, pictures, or videos before/as I run, please go here to do so! I could use all of the support I can get :) Fingers crossed for a great race!