Race weekend is almost here! As mentioned previously, I will be making my way back to Florida for Run Disney’s Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, where I’ll be running in the Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge. 13.1 on Saturday, 26.2 on Sunday–bring it! Tomorrow morning, I’m hopping on a plane once again and meeting my brother, friends Amerie, Tony, and Rael, and cousin Michelle in Orlando, and I could not be more excited for another race weekend.
When it comes to this weekend, I do have some reservations. 39.3 miles in two days is a lot, and it is projected to be hot in Florida, which worries me a little bit. It’s weather I am not a fan of, especially considering the heat I experienced during the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge over last Labor Day Weekend. Regardless, of course I will fight for the best races I can–both days! But just knowing that race weekend is almost here makes me incredibly giddy, so I won’t let the weather bring me down. During off times, I plan at least taking advantage of the weather by being beach or poolside.
Music-wise, here’s a bit of what I have lined up:
- “Pretty Hurts” – Beyonce
- “XO” – Beyonce
- “Flawless” – Beyonce (I just put the whole dang CD on the playlist!)
- “Dear Boy” – Avicii
- “Ghost” – Katy Perry
- “Enjoy the Ride” – Krewella
- “Vuelie” – Frozen Soundtrack
- “Pass the Love Around” – Krewella
- “Million Voices” – Otto Knows
- “City Of Dreams” – Dirty South, Alesso Feat. Ruben Haze
- “YOYO Mix” – Grantos (Great 40 minute mix. Thanks, Shannon!)
- “Groove” – OIKI
- “Team” – Lorde
- “Tonight I’m Getting Over You” – Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Now That I Found You” – Britney Spears
Wish me luck!